Wednesday 3 August 2011

Hot hot and humid Wednesday

Hi
My first ever blog, are you ready I hope so, I tend to ramble but hopefully you will enjoy the
news and events from my happy life. Whilst I do ramble along I will interupt with snaps of my two passions my garden and my crochet, it will help brighten my blog.
Wednesday a day spent visiting my mummy and dinner with my children Catherine and John and quality time with my sister and her family.  My travelling companion as always yarn and hook with my latest project - a Baby pram blanket. A gift for our neighbours first baby - picture to follow when complete.

Foxgloves aren't they a beautiful cottage garden plant.

Hollyhocks - pretty in pink.

I mentioned in my profile that we travelled - well here is the lovely holiday on wheels -



Isn't she just lovely, to all you non caravan owners I must sound loopy but we really enjoy trips out and about in her. Also I can take hooks and yarn and crochet to my hearts content - can't be bad.




Two projects that travelled !!

I confess that I have never designed from scratch anything that I have crocheted. I have followed patterns and sometimes just tweeked them slightly and alas sometimes fallen in love with something I have seen completed by a freind and had to make myself, below is a said project !!! stolen from Esther @ Hand Made With Love.


I fell in love with the colours she had used and here it is.  I loved the comination so much I have started a blanket to match here it is in progress -



The chair used to display is quite lovely but I cant claim to have made that !!!

I was introduced to blogs by Esther and now follow three or four favorites as I am new to my own blog I havent quite got around to listing them correctly but Lucy @ Attic 24 is one of them and I will be borrowing a few ideas from her lovely stash of completed projects, she too is very clever with colour combinations.

Any way enough for now, signing off but will be back soon...........................

Happy Hooking and Hoeing xxXxx

1 comment:

  1. Hi Debbie, how lovely to visit on your first ever post....Welcome to Blogland!
    Looking forward to seeing more of your projects unfold, enjoy your hooky time :o)
    Lots of love
    Lucexxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete